Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Cross-Dressing Man's Valet Chair

I bought this chair at the Indiana Realty Auction a few weeks ago.  I saw it and I just had to have it.  I had never seen a chair like this, and I thought it was really cool.  I ended up in a bidding war with my friend Shelley, I knew she kinda wanted it, but I didn't know she was the one bidding against me!  I ended up paying way more for it than I thought I would have to, but I think it turned out really pretty.  After I bought it, and upon further inspection, I realized that it was an old Man's Valet Chair, but that is not what I had PLANNED for it! I thought it would make a really awesome Vanity Chair. I spent a whole Sunday working on it.  It didn't really need any repair work, but I had to spray paint all the fixtures and the legs.  It smelled a little musty too, so I had to clean the dingle berries off, air it out, and fabreeze it really well. It is all good now, I assure you. :) The fabric I used to Upholster it with  was from a duvet cover that I bought at a consignment store for $20.  I have used the heck out of that fabric.  I have covered 3 large pillows for by bedroom, and another little ottoman, so it was well worth the 20 bucks I spent on it.What do you think Man's Valet Chair vs. Vanity Chair?
Beautiful Brown Naugahyde Upholstery
Man's Valet Chair

Finished Vanity Chair
From Behind
A closer Look of his her behind
I even upholstered the inside! A secret compartment!

I don't know about you, but I like this chair better in DRAG!
Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment