Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chandelier in my New Laundry Room

It all started with the Chandelier I found at one of our local Re-Stores.  My biggest fan thought it was the gaudiest one there.  Of course that was a challenge to me!  I think they wanted $20 dollars for it, but we talked them down to $15 since it was missing several of the crystal drops.  After getting it home, I counted how many crystal drops there should be, it was 90!  The guy at the Re-Store told me that you can get $2.00 a piece at the flea market for those crystals!  Wow!  Hmmm,  no, I couldn't........  it was exactly  what I was looking for!  But there were not 90 crystals, there were several missing.  So I had to come up with a plan for the missing crystals.  I was sure I could come up with some beads or something.  Did I mention how nasty it was?  It was nassssy!!  Here is a picture of the crystals soaking in a bowl of WHITE vinegar.  Ewww!


This is the Chandelier before it was painted.


After painting it with the Black/Bronze Metallic Spray Paint,

This is the Chandelier after it was hung up in my Laundry Room

Isn't it AWESOME!!!


I Love the way it makes the shadows on the wall!


With the light off., you can see some of the beads I replaced the missing crystals with.  They are just a piece of wire with a crystal bead at the bottom and some small silver beads up the wire, easy peasy!

This is the little cabinet in the room before I painted it.  I believe it was suppose to be part of some type of Entertainment Center, it  looked brand new, but I don't think it was ever used.  I found it at my favorite junk shop for about $20 bucks.   I loved the wire inserts in the doors.


Here is the cabinet after a little Spray Paint, some black glaze and some furniture wax


I decided to put some fabric behind the wire mesh to hide my detergent and such.  I also added some little wood details in the top corners and the middle. The green basket on top hides my extra paper towels, they just fit, without showing over the top, and Dryer sheets fit perfectly in the little yellow boxes.

So here is the Finished Laundry Room!


We decided to stack the washer and dryer,  with the help of my biggest fan.... it was really easy.  He did a great job! I still owe him a favor for that one.  He helped hang the little cabinet too...thank goodness I measured correctly,  it fit perfectly.  I've been known to not always measure correctly... what's an inch or two... right???


Our Initials, I think I need an  &, but I haven't been able to find one of those, I may have to make one.....


We've had this little table for awhile, it was all stained, so for this project,  I painted the legs and bottom shelf white, sanded and waxed it.  I am not sure it is staying here, but I have not been able to find exactly what I want, so it will do for awhile.  Actually I think it looks pretty good here.  If only that basket would stay that way..... EMPTY!!!

So what do you think?


So what do you think of my Laundry room Make Over???

Ok, just wondering, does it look gaudy NOW??


Oooops!  I forgot to show you the before!  I painted the room this eggplant color when we first build this house, I loved it at the time, but it has been nearly 7 years, and it was showing a lot of wear and tear. Here was a shot after we moved the dryer out.


It was pretty dark and plain.  There was a piece of counter top sitting on top of the Washer and dryer.  I had a chance to get some help to move it and the dryer out, so I took it!  And didn't get a picture with it all in there.  Sometimes you have to seize the opportunity when it arises! 

I am so glad I am done with this project, I have been thinking about it for a long time, and we have been working on it for a couple of weeks.  Now on to the extra bath!

Thanks for looking! I love your comments, keep them coming.

Partying at:



Furniture Feature Fridays








Sumo's Sweet Stuff

13 comments:

  1. Just found your blog...I love your Laundry Room! Right now we live in an apartment...but we're hoping to buy a home in the next few years so I'm "gathering" inspiration.:) I LOVE the chandelier! What a gorgeous idea to make what is kind of a blah job enjoyable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the chandelier! I've done 2 recently and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look gaudy at all! I think it looks gorgeous! And I love the other changes you made to your laundry room. I keep trying to do something nice in my laundry room, but my laundry room is a combination mudroom, utility, pantry room...not to mention a dumping ground for everything that comes in the house!!! Your laundry room is so lovely now. I'm jealous!!!!

    Loribeth @ small-moments-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "chandy"...another great job. I am pretty picky and I chose both your links. I am updating the laundry room in our home in Tennessee. I am in the process of writing a blog post about it. Thanks for "more" inspiration! :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the wonderful comments! I just love my new laundry room! I feel like I have so much more room now, and I feel like a "Diva Doing Laundry"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks so pretty! You did a really good job. I can't believe how amazing the chandelier turned out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Allie! I just lve that chandelier too! Every time I walk in that room now, I just thnk Oooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your laundry room looks so cute, I like it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my vintage table makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have often said I need a chandelier in the laundry room since I spend so much time there. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you will just have to go find you one and spray paint it, and put itnup in your laundry room, princess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chandelier looks so royal in its new color now. And as much as I thought it would look odd in a laundry room (generally), it didn’t. Its contrasting characteristic is what actually gives grace to the room. Interesting! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you have any information on that chandelier? Is it an antique? I found one like it but they want $75 for it. Still not sure if it has all the crystal drops and I don't want to over pay.

    ReplyDelete