Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Stripped Dresser!

I was so inspired by Miss Mustard Seed's Stripped Dresser!  I knew if I could find one similar it would look perfect in my house.  That very week my friend that owns the Indiana Realty Auction house, had a dresser that would be perfect for this make over.  I got a great deal on it too.  It was missing one handle, so i filled the holes for the top two drawer pulls and drilled a hole in the middle of each one.  I used the parts of the handle that were still on the dresser and just pulled a ribbon through for now.  But now I kinda like it!

Of course this is the before.  There is a mirror laying on top of the Dresser. I bought that at the auction too!! I did do some light sanding all over the piece before I taped it off.  I also had to fill in some places where the veneer had peeled off.  "My Biggest Fan"  also made me a little wooden piece that was missing.



After it is taped off and two coats of paint.

After the tape was pulled off.  I gave it a light distressing with the hand sander, and went over it with a dark stain, some furniture wax and this is what it looked like! I am so in LOVE with it!  It is perfect in that spot! What do you think?





Thanks for looking,  Kathy
Your comments make me ;) 


I've joined these linking parties - please check them out!

Furniture Feature Fridays



DomesticallySpeaking shabby creek cottage
PhotobucketDecorating Insanity

"/>

10 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous! I actually really like the touch of ribbon for the handle. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    Keep up the good work! I really enjoy looking at and reading about your projects, this is a great idea!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw this at the "Impossibilities" party I thought the caption said, My Stripper Dresser ... ha!

    Whether striped or strippered, it look fabulous. Thanks for linking up!

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing - was it difficult to paint stripes over the curves of the chest? You turned an auction find into a showstopper! So glad you joined our Impossibilities Challenge! New follower!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kelly, and thanks for joining! Not too hard to tape the stripes, but don't look too close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love this! I love the stripes and the distressing. Just awesome!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking up. I love it. The stripes look fantastic.
    xo...mONICa

    ReplyDelete